The recipe of this week is a trip to my childhood, from all the fantastic cakes that my mother made, this was always one of my favourites! I still remember that she put the leftover in a separate small casserole just for me! This recipe is a tribute to my mother who is simply the best in the world!
For the base :
· Almost an entire package of Maria Cookies ( 2/3 can make a whole and keep the rest for the next one! )
· 1 tablespoon of sugar ( the original recipe was two...)
· 2 tablespoons of melted butter
· Flour for dusting
For the dough and topping:
· 2 tablespoons of flour
· ½ cup of sugar
· Pinch of salt
· 2 packs of 200 grams of cheese philadelphia
· 4 eggs ( separate yolks from the whites that you must beat them till it is firm)
· 1 package of cream 200 ml
· Sweet berries ( here can give wings to your imagination and cover with the candy more like )
Start by grinding the cookies, add the sugar and stir, then add 2 tablespoons of butter. Mix everything well to get a dough. Spread evenly around the baking dish you use for the oven.
For the dough, add 2 tablespoons flour + ½ cup of sugar + a pinch of salt + 2 the cheese and mix it well, then add the egg yolks and mix again, then the cream and finally, gradually add little by little the egg whites previously beaten. When it is well mixed pour into the baking, over the cookies and bake in the preheated oven .
The oven temperature and time are extremely important. In our case we put at 160 ° C for one hour, then turn off the oven and keep it inside for one more hour. Finally add the topping and enjoy!
Like all friends who have eaten this pie know the main ingredient is : lots of love and affection !
This week recipe and post powered by Vanessa Paiva!