Monday, September 17, 2012

My Mom's fish Soup!

More than the recipe by itself, I would like to pay a public tribute to my parents as they are the main responsibles for this passion about food & gastronomy...
All the afternoons taking care of the kitchen garden and collecting the nuts from our centenary tree with my father or the ritual of going to the market all Saturday mornings to buy fresh fish, meat and vegetables with my mother... Both are the real responsibles for this metamorphosis from eating to live to live for eating!

After this, it's quite obvious that today I'll tell you one of my mother's recipe and, for me, the best fish soup I've ever tasted... 

You will need:
Fish (I suggest you to use monkfish or ling)
3 onions
1 red pepper
3 clove of garlic
3 potatoes
1 egg
mint
salt & extra virgin olive oil

Put everything on a pan and, on top, add the kind of fish that you prefer in order to avoid the spines to mix with the rest of the ingredients. Cover all with water, season it with salt and a bit of extra virgin olive oil and let it cook.
When the potatoes are cooked, take the fish carefully in order to avoid any spine to mix with the rest. Grind the soup and add one egg mixing it in order to spread it across all the soup. Add the fish and it is ready to serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment